As a Senior Care Assistant you will provide person centred care and support to assist residents to maintain their independence. You will also be responsible for dispensing medication and using your management skills to ensure a high level of quality care is being delivered.
- Helping our residents with personal support and care
- Administration and monitoring of medications to residents
- Serving meals/drinks and assisted feeding
- Interacting with our residents on a personal level
- Maintaining care plans
- Support in training and supervision of junior and new staff members in all aspects of their work in the care centre, under the supervision of senior staff members
- Assist service users in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed whilst ensuring service users retain their comfort and dignity
- Report on the wellbeing of service users and liaise with GPs/support Managers etc.
- Carry out regular checks on service users at intervals determined by senior staff members