To assist in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards. To ensure that service users retain their dignity and individuality and to be involved in the general activities of the care centre/unit.
As a Care Assistant you will assist with all aspects of Personal Care and promoting independence through the following (but not limited to):
• Ensuring the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting service users when required. Tasks include washing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living.
• Assist service users in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed whilst ensuring service users retain their comfort and dignity.
• Observe care planning needs for service users and complete written daily records as instructed in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
• Ensure that the full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Assist service users who need help during meal times (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.) Assist with serving of food/drinks as requested/required. Wash up as requested/required.
Communications & Working Relationships:
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
QUALIFICATIONS: ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE?
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE: ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE?
SKILLS: ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE?
OTHER: ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE?