To achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care and effective supervision of staff members. To take management of responsibility for a shift as directed.
• Report any ill health amongst service users and make requests for GP/professional visits where necessary.
• Ensure that service users’ care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with service users, relatives and other health care professionals and in accordance with NMC guidelines and Company policy.
• Assess all aspects of service user’s care needs and provide health supervision and direct nursing care when required.
• Assess social health care needs of new service users and maintain on-going assessment and review of all other Service Users.
• Maintain accurate records and ensure that each service user within the care centre has an individualised care plan. Service user care plans to be reviewed on a bi-annual basis or more frequently as and when required in accordance with NMC guidelines and Company policy.
• Carry out regular checks on service users at intervals determined by the Home Manager. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant staff members at the end of each shift.
• Administer prescribed medicines and document in accordance with the Company’s procedures and NMC guidelines.
• Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with service users’ personal and financial affairs and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship which exists with service users.