To plan, implement and supervise the provision of quality care, in conjunction with service users. To ensure service users retain their dignity and individuality and to be involved in the general activities of the care centre.
• Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting service users when required with all aspects of daily living.
• Support in training and supervision of junior and new staff members in all aspects of their work in the care centre, under the supervision of senior staff members.
•Assist service users in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed whilst ensuring service users retain their comfort and dignity.
•Carry out regular checks on service users at intervals determined by senior staff members.
• Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Assist service users who need help during meal times (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.). Assist with serving of food/drinks as requested/required. Wash up as requested/required.
• Escort service users travelling to and from the care centre, e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc.
• Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with service users’ personal and financial affairs and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with service users.
QUALIFICATIONS: ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE?
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE: ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE?
SKILLS: ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE?
OTHER: ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE?